Function: Editor – ELT
Business: S Chand and Company Ltd.
Location: Noida – Sec 2.
Industry Specialisation: Publishing
Roles & Responsibilities
- Read content and correct for errors in spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
- Rewrite copy to make it easier for readers to understand.
- Error free content.
- To works with authors and various in-house departments to shepherd projects through the successful completion of published books.
- Cooperate and liaise with designers, authors, vendors, and content developers.
- Meet deadlines and budget requirements.
- Recruit and manage content developers and vendors.
- To review and assesses projects for pedagogical value, organizational structure, identification of third-party content, costs, formatting/layout, and design specifics, and is responsible for confirming and ensuring that the needs of the customer are clearly communicated to the various departments.
- Responsible for manuscript review/development and for ensuring its adherence to specifications, standards, and content requirements.
- Preparation of publication proposals, production handover notes, advance book information sheets and fulfilment of all other editorial procedures involved in the publication of each new title.
- Ensuring that all aspects of the publishing process are communicated to the appropriate in house or field personnel and in trouble shooting any problems specific to the project.
Education: Graduate/ Post-Graduate from English Subject.
Experience: 3-5 Years
Salary: 3,00,000 – 4,80,000/-.